Personal Injury FAQs
What is a Personal Injury?
“Personal Injury” is a term used to describe cases where a person suffers injuries (either physically, mentally or emotionally) from an accident that someone else may be at fault for.
Most common types of Personal Injury cases:
– Automobile Accident (car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian)
– Slip & Fall
– Animal/Dog Bite or Mauling
– Workplace Accidents
– Defective Products or Product Liability
How do I know if I have a case?
It is always best to consult with a licensed attorney when trying to determine whether or not you have a case, but if you can answer “Yes” to these questions then you more than likely do have a case.
Regarding your injury and the events/circumstances surrounding it:
- Did a legal duty exist for the defendant(s)?
- Did the defendant(s) fail to exercise their legal duty?
- Was the plaintiff(s) injured, either directly or indirectly, as a result of the defendant(s) breach of duty?
- Were there damages (money lost) that can be recovered from the defendant(s)?
If you can answer “Yes” to these questions and prove it without a reasonable doubt, then you may have a case. It is smart to consult with an attorney before taking any legal action.
What should I do after an accident?
- Take pictures of the accident scene from multiple angles, what caused the accident and your injuries
- Gather contact information from any witnesses at the scene
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t have any symptoms. Many injuries won’t become symptomatic until a later time. Have a doctor identify injuries related to the accident.
- Review your insurance policy to determine whether or not your injuries are covered under the policy (including umbrella and homeowners policies). Document all interaction with the insurance company: Names, phone numbers, job titles, time and date of interaction and any other relevant information.
- Document all medical expenses related to the injury/accident, including hospital bills, insurance co-pays and prescription costs.
- Gather medical records from the hospital or doctor that you visit
- Contact a local personal injury attorney to go over your rights and your options
- Document or record all conversations, paperwork, expenses, etc. related to your injury and the accident that caused it. This documentation will be useful in any lawsuit or claims that may result.
How long does a personal injury case last?
Due to every case being different and the vast amount of variables that can take place, it’s impossible to determine how long a case will take to settle without knowing the details.
It can take anywhere from two weeks to two years for a settlement to be finalized, depending on multiple variables. This is why it is important to contact a personal injury attorney who can get to work on your case right away.
Click the button below to submit your case information today and an attorney will be in touch in 24 hours or less!
We pride ourselves in offering a service that you'll be proud of
Providing Superior Service for Over 10 years
We are based in Georgia and the heart of our mission is dedicated to focusing all of our resources and experience on educating Georgia families and connecting them with the right representation that will fight injustice, working towards the best outcome for our clients.
We aim to help people who’ve been injured secure the proper legal council for their case. If you or a loved one is a victim of an automobile accident or have been hurt on the job, it’s wise to discuss your situation with a personal injury attorney to determine your best course of action.
We understand the importance of securing reliable representation. Therefore, we provide you with helpful information and connect you with a licensed attorney in your area to discuss your case with. Our website is written so that it’s easy to understand and relate to for non attorneys.
Years in Business
Click HERE to submit your case information today and an attorney will be in touch in 24 hours or less!
How We Can Help
We work hard everyday to ensure that our clients have the resources and knowledge available to them to make educated decisions on their options.
Online Case Submission
Our website is designed with ease-of-use as a first thought. We’ve made it simple to submit your case information online.
Free Case Review
By choosing to use our service, you automatically qualify for a free, no obligation case review by a licensed attorney.
The Right Representation
Our network of attorneys are experienced and have a proven track record of achieving results in their field of expertise.
Always Free For You
Our service has no cost to you! You will never receive a bill from us for anything. Just another way we strive to offer the best service available.